This post is mainly for my LDS (Mormon) friends who I know will get a kick out of it. However, if you're interested in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (to which this article is referring) go ahead and checl out lds.org. That way this post might make more sense for those who aren't familiar with it. ;) It also helps if you've seen ABC's "Once Upon a Time." If you haven't seen it yet, watch it! It's awesome!!
Okay. So for those of you who are Latter-day Saints, have you ever noticed any of these things while watching OUAT?
1. In the other world, there was a war in which good and evil argued who should rightfully rule.
2. The "Dark One" created a curse that would send everyone to another world with no memory of who they once were.
3. The curse was cast by someone who wanted all the glory to be theirs alone.
4. The one who cast the curse betrayed their own father.
5. A woman ate a dangerous apple and suffered a great consequence.
6. Some of the characters included a father who gave his children a magic compass that always pointed back to him so they would never be lost.
7. It was prophesied that a savior, once grown from baby to adult, would return and break the curse, saving everyone.
8. The savior was born of a king and queen.
9. (Multiple times in the story) a father has sent his only begotten child to our world.
10. The savior, as a baby, came to our world in lowly circumstances.
11. Throughout the story, the characters are always reminded to have faith.
12. The one who cast the curse tempted and tried to fool the savior many times, but failed.
13. The truth was restored by a young boy who was given a mysterious book about the history involving where everyone really came from.
14. No one believed the young boy when he told them about what was in the book.
15. Part of the book had gone missing. A man was prompted to write his own record and include it in the book.
16. When any couples in the story get married, it is "for eternity."
17. In the other world, magic was quick, simple, and easily accessible, but in our world there appears to be very little magic, and it is unpredictable.
18. There exist only two kinds of magic: dark magic and light magic. Dark magic is fueled by wrath, light magic is fueled by love.
19. Love is considered the greatest power to ever exist.
21. When a character dies, their spirit still exists.
There you have it! Are there more comparisons in the show that weren't mentioned here? Leave it in the comments below! :)