Hi everyone! I recently made a video about how I lost 25 pounds https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1eb1iqyhq0&feature=youtu.be and decided to post a little something extra to go with it. One of the most important parts of weight loss and good health is keeping a positive attitude. Back when I wasn't on a plant-based diet I had no idea how to take care of myself, including how to weigh myself properly. I would usually get on the scale at night which was exactly the opposite of what I should have been doing. I was also using a non-digital scale and would constantly forget to level it before stepping on, so my weight seemed WAY more than it actually was. As we eat throughout the day, of course our weight is going to go up, possibly even by 7 pounds in one day. By the time we go to bed and wake up the next morning, our body has had time to go through the healing and repairing process, so we are back to our normal weight.
I'm really big on lists, so I thought I would use one here just lay out the best way to know your true weight and see consistent progress.
1. Go to the bathroom before you weigh yourself. It helps. TRUST me. ;)
2. Weigh yourself right after you've just woken up, after you've done step #1, and BEFORE you eat.
3. NEVER weigh yourself after taking a shower.
4. NEVER weigh yourself after eating.
5. NEVER weigh yourself anytime but in the morning.
6. Let's be honest. It's best if you weigh yourself without clothing. Don't be embarrassed. We all shower naked anyway, right?
7. Make sure the scale is leveled and working properly before you step on.
This has really given me a better handle on my own weight loss progress, so I hope maybe it can help someone else too! :)